Saturday, March 17, 2012

Emotions of the Ocean, Friday, Avon OBX

Friday was our last full day at the Outer Banks.  It began with the owner of the cottage calling the house to ask if it would be possible to have some workmen come for a couple of hours a bit later to install the shower doors in the master bathroom.  She was lovely and apologetic but said they didn't have a choice.  I was stunned speechless - we had plans for the day that didn't include workmen banging around and in and out for a bit.  Once I gathered my ability to speak again, I told her it would be a major imposition and asked if there were anyway to NOT have them come, I would appreciate it greatly.  Thankfully she understood because she loves her time at the beach also so she back off of her request.  Thank you, owner!  We appreciate you even more now!

After I got up I went to Spa Koru to do some yoga.  One of the perks of renting this house is a week's membership at the spa.  I did yoga three times during the week.  It was a wonderful benefit!  After that I went to talk to the owner of Studio 12 to talk about teaching classes there this summer.  She was terrific and we're having conversations about how to get me down there to teach and when.  Sounds like fun to me!

When I finally got home from all that, it was almost 1 and I was ready for breakfast!  But first I had to do a drawing.  Then another one.  Then another.  Knowing it was my last day there made me all the more avid to draw as much as I could.  Who knows when we'll ever have the chance to stay in such a fabulous home again!  

These three pictures ended up being more alike than other days' of work.  Interesting that the ocean was less variable than previously.  It remained densely clouded and windy.  

As the day drew to a close, Chris was watching out of the back windows to see how the sound was looking to try to gauge what the sunset might be like.  He decided it looked like it would be great, so we hopped in the car and headed down to the Canadian Hole (where windsurfers and kiteboarders launch) on the Sound to watch that glory.  He was so right!  The clouds cleared just enough to offer us sunset perfection.  Here are some of the pictures I took.  I've already painted one of them!











As the day drew to a close, Chris was watching out of the back windows to see how the sound was looking to try to gauge what the sunset might be like.  He decided it looked like it would be great, so we hopped in the car and headed down to the Canadian Hole (where windsurfers and kiteboarders launch) on the Sound to watch that glory.  He was so right!  The clouds cleared just enough to offer us sunset perfection.  Here are some of the pictures I took.  I've already painted one of them!
It was such a blessing to spend time at the Outer Banks.  I feel refreshed, renewed, and reinvigorated and ready to create more artworks.  I don't know what they'll be of, but this week has shown me that it's in my blood, in my psyche, and in my soul.  This is how I process the world and what I find before me.  I don't seem to have any other choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment