Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Art Opening this Friday in Petersburg

Occasionally I will show artwork other than my female nudes.  Last month I had my color studies on display at the Bon Air Library in Chesterfield.  This month I am showing my Ocean Scenes from the OBX (Outer Banks of North Carolina) at the Petersburg Regional Art Center.  The center is a great old building built in 1858.  It was formerly a department store and a furniture store before becoming the art center. It has four floors and a basement. Three floors and the basement have studios. There are two large art galleries.


Each month on the second Friday they have a Grand Opening where around 100 artists show their work in a juried show and the residents of the center open their studios for folks to peruse. In addition, they have a very long hallway where individual artists can have small shows of their works for the month.  That is where my work is hanging. 

The pieces are all pastels.  Most are 6"x9", framed in beautiful Chris-made frames to 14"x17".  They're perfect for a small wall.  I have reduced the prices of the small pieces to $250 or $295 (depending on the frame) because I'm ready to let them go.  I would be delighted if you decided you would enjoy having one of my pieces in your home. 

I'll be at the Center Friday from 7 - 10 PM and look forward to seeing you there if you can make it!  Click on the link for directions.

1 comment: