Friday, February 4, 2011

Woman Seated

I've been working on Woman Seated the last couple of days and am pretty darn excited by the way the skin tones are turning out.  I love the way the bright yellow and dark alizaron crimson underpainting shows through and informs the more finished piece.  Even though you can't see it, it makes the skin glow in a way flesh I've painted before hasn't.  I'm thrilled to have finally learned how to do this glazing in a way that is so satisfying and interesting.

I also painted the floor a much more defined color yesterday so the floor would be more solid underneath her.  I'm considering painting the background again.  I like the energy of the strokes, but I'm not so crazy about the color anymore.  It doesn't seem to go with the delicateness of her flesh.  I think I'll just let it be for a few days until I know the right thing to do.  It isn't clear to me yet.

1 comment:

  1. Effectivement la couleur de votre peau est sublime et elle renvoie parfaitement bien la lumière...
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete