Saturday, December 11, 2010

The progression of Valley coming out of the red chair.







I got to work on the painting of Valley Haggard today, yet another piece for our collaboration at Randolph Macon's Flippo Gallery this February.  I think it's starting to look pretty good.  There's lots left to do, but I got a good start on her face and on the body.  I need to match up the colors in each!

I've pasted in pictures of it at various stages because I think it's fun to see how a painting develops.  At this point I need to refine the color and the form on her body.  I need to darken the shadow behind the chair.  I need to paint her ear and her necklace.  I need to match the colors in her face and body.

I don't think I'll be able to paint today because I have a lot of tutoring students coming.  This week isn't going to be about painting.  It'll be about finishing up my work as a tutor with integrity and joy.  This is my last week of tutoring after 23 years of it.  I feel some sadness about leaving behind what I've known for so long, but mostly I feel exhilaration about where I'm going.

Each and every day I am finding new opportunities to teach about women's body image.  Tomorrow if I have time, I'll post a list of the various classes, workshops and lectures I'll be offering in the new year.  It is growing daily.  Plus I get to paint!  Life is incredibly full of promise right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment