Friday, November 12, 2010

A friend sent me a link to an article saying that a painting of a nude by Modigliani sold for $68.9 Million!   Boy, am I delighted to find that nudes are selling so well!  Now it's only a matter of time before mine will be flying off the wall for a mere pittance!  Just think what you can get for $3500 now and sell for millions later! 

Interestingly, Modigliani, I believe, lived the "typical" artist's life - alcoholism, poverty, suffering - and now his paintings sell for more than he ever could have imagined.

I've chosen to live differently - I'm not an alcoholic; I'm not miserable and suffering; I'm not living in poverty surrounded by filth in a nasty hovel.  I hope one day that the image of the suffering artist gets turned around and artists are expected to live well, supported by society, fully appreciated for the beauty they create in the world while they're still alive!  Wouldn't that be a lovely legacy?

If you're inspired by the price differential between the Modigliani and Woman in a Red Chair, send me an email and we'll see what we can arrange!  I'll be happy to ship the painting anywhere in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment