Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stardust

Thank the good Lord I finally started feeling better today!  I'd spent the last 3 days in bed, almost unable to get up except to go to the doctor.  Yesterday I went to the accupuncturist and got a treatment and some Chinese herbs.  Afterwards I didn't feel any better, but today I feel half well.  I've been awake all day - quite an accomplishment this week! - and have even been able to get into the studio. 

I've been thrilled to have had the energy to work on Stardust.  In fact, the piece is almost finished.  There are some details I need to take care of, and I might do another layer on her face to make it a bit more refined, but other than that, I feel finished.  I'm delighted with how it's turned out. 

This piece will probably be the centerpiece of the collaborative show I'm doing with Valley Haggard in February at Randolph Macon College in Ashland, VA.  She's writing about her experience of being photographed and painted and I'm creating the artwork for the show as well as writing about it on this blog.

The canvas for this piece is 60"x44", but somehow it doesn't feel that large.  She's larger than lifesize but fits just right on the canvas.

I'm realizing that the name doesn't fit the piece anymore.  I had plans to do the background a bit differently, but I don't think I will.  I'd love suggestions if you have a thought about a good title!

No comments:

Post a Comment