Saturday, November 7, 2009

New work from Friday

Friday I didn't particularly feel like working more on Woman in a Red Chair.  I had felt kind of crappy the night before and was worried I was coming down with something, so I decided to not push it in the studio. Of course, once I got in there, I completely forgot I'd ever felt anything but great!  It's so healing to paint and draw!

I have been storing up some photos that I thought would make good smaller pieces done in pastel because they're not quite complete enough for large paintings, but they're terrific for studies.  They're a bit like my color studies in that they're simple.  I don't think they're quite finished - I can see some areas that need work still - but it felt good to work in pastels again.  I don't draw very often anymore, but it sure feels good when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment