Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A very good art day

Today was a very good art day even though I didn't make it into the studio. 

It began with going to the Unitarian Church where I picked up my art that didn't sell - and a check for the art that did!  That was exciting!  I sold Uplifted to some friends - that was my favorite sale!  I also sold some watercolors and jewelry.  It always makes me feel so good to sell my work.  It's so affirming of the path I'm on.  It's one thing to tutor and get paid for that.  I'm used to that somehow.  But when someone buys a piece of art I make, it feels like they are affirming me to the core.  They are seeing the most authentic expression of myself and value it enough to pay for it.  It's a great feeling.  I'm grateful to each and every one of the people who have bought my work.  Thank you.

After the Unitarian Church, I went to Serendipity, the store on Buford Rd where I just started selling my work.  I already sold some earrings there!  Very cool!  Mary, the store owner, is a terrific woman.  It's great getting to know her.

This evening, after a full day of tutoring (which is always a joy), I taught my last Beginner's Pastel Class at the Visual Arts Center.  I love teaching that class!  It's so great seeing people explore their creativity and make work they are happy with.  The Intermediate class begins next week.  I love doing that one too because people get to work on their own projects, so I get to see what is important to them, what comes from their core.  And I have the priviledge of helping them if they need it.  It's a wonderful job.  I feel very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment